Rontar has developed a special extension for Magento stores that makes Rontar integration as easy as possible. Supported Magento versions: 1.5 – 1.9.
Get started by using our sign up wizard. Step 1 will require you to install the extension.
How to install
1. Go to your Magento admin panel. Normally it resides at yourstore.com/index.php/admin. Provide your admin username and password.
2. Make sure you have an up-to-date backup at System/Tools/Backups in case anything goes wrong.
3. Go to System/Magento Connect/Magento Connect Manager. Provide your admin user name and password again.
4. Download the latest extension version at https://www.rontar.com/downloads/Rontar_DynamicRetargeting-1.0.0.tgz
5. Select the downloaded file at the “Direct package file upload” section. Click “Upload”.
Now the extension should be properly installed. If any error happens you can install the extension manually as described in Appendix A.
How to use
1. After the installation is complete, first log out and log in back to your Magento admin panel.
2. Go to System/Configuration and click “Dynamic Retargeting” under the “Rontar” tab at the left menu.
3. At this point your Rontar XML feed is ready and is accessible via the link: http://yourwebsite.com/rontarfeed.xml
Please make sure to use the link as your product feed for this step.
4. Step 2 will provide you with your advertiser ID, product feed ID, and audience ID once the product feed link has been processed. Add these values to the corresponding fields in the extension settings, set “Enabled” parameter to “Enable” and press “Save Config”.
5. That’s it, you’re ready to go!
Appendix A. Manual installation
In case there’s no possibility of installing the extension using Magento Connect (for example, because the Magento version is too old), it’s possible to install the extension manually.
1. Make sure you have an up-to-date backup at System/Tools/Backups in case anything goes wrong.
2. Download the latest extension version at https://www.rontar.com/downloads/Rontar_DynamicRetargeting-1.0.0.tgz
3. Unpack the downloaded file – you will get the Rontar_DynamicRetargeting-1.0.0.tar file.
4. Put Rontar_DynamicRetargeting-1.0.0.tar in your Magento root folder and unpack it.
5. Go to your Magento admin panel.
6. Go to System/Cache management and clear caches by pressing “Select all” and then “Submit”.
Now the extension should be properly installed.